Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thinking of you

A friend of mine asked if I could make her 2 thinking of you cards. So I headed for the studio this morning to see what I could come up with. The first one I made was with the Thoughts and Prayers set and I love the way it turned out. I colored the stamp with markers and then sponged the grass. The tag is a nestabilities die cut.


For the second card I used the Flores Suaves set, and I used a couple of techniques that are new for me. The first thing I did was ink the flower with markers and stamp it on white card stock. Then I made a mask for the flower and stamped the words over the flower. Then I decided to make the image a cracked glass image. To do that I pressed the versamark pad on the image and covered with UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) and melted it with the heat gun, then repeat with the UTEE & heat. Then I stuck the card stock in the freezer for about 5 minutes and cracked the "glass" when I took it out.


I am very happy with the way that these turned out, I hope that they are what my friend is looking for.

Thanks for looking & have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment