Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Milk's Favorite Cookie

Or at least that is what the commercial told us.

I saw this on the Splitcoast Stampers board and just had to try to make it. The really scary thing is that I had all of the nestabilities required to make this cookie. I remember reading that nestabilities were addictive and thinking "but that won't happen to me...". This oreo proves otherwise.



I started with a piece of brown cardstock that I folded and cut with the scalloped circle nestabilities, but I made sure that the folded edge was just inside the cutting edge so that would create the card base. Next I ran the card through the cuttlebug with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder. Then I cut another scalloped circle and used a plain circle to remove the center (this piece was glued on to the card so that the edge of the oreo would not be embossed).

Petite oval nestabilities were used for the center where it says "OREO". I could not get that to photograph well. I think that the next time I make this, I will stamp "OREO" and emboss it.

And what is an oreo without the filling. This filling gives you plenty of room to write a little note or stamp a sentiment. The filling pieces were cut with nestabilities circles.



Best of all this oreo is cute, and has no calories.

Thanks for looking & have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment