Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birthday Owls

Today we had a family party and I needed a card. I have been wanting to make a card with my Aviary set, but had not gotten around to it. So I took the set out today and got to work. I decided to use the SU "in colors" from last year and if I wanted to fit all of the owls on the card, I knew that I would have to make a larger card.

When I attended Michelle Zindorf's workshop a few weeks ago she mentioned that she loved to make long cards and put them in business size envelopes, so this card is 9x4.



I used Poppy parade as the base for the card and I added concord crush and black cs and lemongrass ribbon. I stamped the owls in each of the in colors and cut them out with nestabilities label 1.
I used the scallop trim border punch on the concord crush cs to give it a nice edge.


I have also included a picture of the inside. I punched out a piece of white cs with the labels 1 and used my stamp-a-ma-jig (LOVE that tool) to place the birdcage and the sentiment exactly where I wanted them.



I thought the recipient was a fan of owls, but at the party I found out that she is now a fan of turtles....oh well. She seemed to like the card.

Thanks for looking and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment