This is teacher appreciation week and I won't have a lot of stamping time because I am helping with 2 teacher/staff appreciation luncheons. I am organizing and running the one at the elementary school and baking/cooking for the middle school luncheon.
Today I was able to stamp after getting the kids on the bus. I made the set of cards pictured above for a student teacher whose last day is today, and they definitely fit with the teacher appreciation theme.
I used my quikutz apple embossing folder for the red cs. The teacher's name was computer generated and cut out with nestabilities ribbon slide tag die and finished off with a red gingham ribbon.
For the other cards I used the apple embossing folder and then tried to create a chalkboard look with a stamp from a SU hostess set Cute by the Inch. I stamped the alphabet hi in white craft ink on black cs and then mounted it on white. I also used the red gingham ribbon on these cards too. I lined both cards with white and stamped apples in versamark and or red.
The envelope flap was embossed with the apple folder.
Did you notice that one of the cards has brown sponged around the edge? Well, that was a creative opportunity (what others might call a mistake). As I was stamping my "signature" on the back of that card, I got brown on the top corner of the front of the card. I HATE when I do things like that, but I decided to distress that one card.
Thanks for looking, have a great day and if you see a teacher thank them for the job that they do!!
No comments:
Post a Comment